See the wait(2) man page for the reason why the return-code limited...

Basically, more than the return code is returned when a process
"ends" - and that consumes some flag bits.

        - Dave Rivers -

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com