On Nov 7, 2005, at 7:48 AM, Peter Webb, Toronto Transit Commission
wrote:

I have worked around the problem. I had forgotten that October 3
was the
first IPL after we applied RSU 0402 to our z/VM 3.1.0 system.
Previously, we were at RSU 0102. It appears that something in RSU 0402
changed the DIAG interface, causing Linux to hang when accessing the
swap device. Changing the swap device to FBA has fixed the problem.

We haven't received any reports of SWAPGEN not working for 3.1
customers, but if this is replicable I'd like to know so I can take a
look at the SWAPGEN code and see if I can work around it.  Anyone
running Linux guests with z/VM 3.1 who's willing to be a guinea pig,
please contact me offline so we can try this out.

Adam