The NJE stuff we did has a batch plug in on the Linux side that will
allow you to send jobs to Linux and have the results sent back to z/OS.
So your scripts would live up on z/OS you'd submit a job to Linux where
it'd be executed and the output from stdout/stderr would be returned
back to the entity that submitted the job.

Neale