On 1/9/06, James Melin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So can this be ordered like other IBM z/OS software? We get a lot of stuff
> via CBPDO and that would be the best since we have maintenance going on at
> the end of the month. Woudl be cool to have that avaialable when I get back
> from vacation. Can that be acquired through the CBPDO process?

If you haven't already, visit the IBM ShopzSeries product catalog at
https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/ShopzSeries/ShopzSeries.jsp?action=prodcat
and make the following selections:
  Country:      United States
  Package type: z/OS - ServerPac
  Group:        MVS - System Mgmt. and Security
  Language:     All languages

You should see:
  [5655-M23] IBM Ported Tools for z/OS [FMIDs] 1.01.00 English (US)

The FMID is HOS1110.

The product can be ordered for electronic delivery.

You may also need to order some maintenance:  From chapter 2 of
the IBM Ported Tools for z/OS User's Guide:
   An updated version of OpenSSH is now available as a PTF
   (APAR number OA10315).  This PTF upgrades the OpenSSH
   functionality from 3.5p1 to 3.8.1p1, and OpenSSL functionality
   from 0.9.7b to 0.9.7d.

You'll find the User's Guide at:
   http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/fotza102.pdf.

If you've enabled the Integrated Cryptographic Service Facility (ICSF)
and have installed z/OS V1R7 you can take advantage of hardware
based random number generation.

Please enjoy your vacation!

Paul

[snip]