Johnny Tan wrote:
Hi All,

Recently, I have tried to do network teaming for two network cards to perform
as one network for HA purpose.
I found that SLES 8 includes "bonding" drivers. It works fine for SLES 8 on
Intel. However, I encountered problem with SLES 8 on S390.
Has anyone tried using "bonding" on SLES 8 (SP4) on S390 platform?

I don't believe the bonding drivers are meant for a HA-setup, but more
to be used to combine the bandwidth of two cards into one link.  I can't
say if bonding would work too, but normally you'd operate some sort of
heartbeat mechanism and activate an ip-takeover in the case of a fault.

Per Jessen, Zurich