> I found that SLES 8 includes "bonding" drivers. It works fine
> for SLES 8 on Intel. However, I encountered problem with SLES
> 8 on S390.
>
> Has anyone tried using "bonding" on SLES 8 (SP4) on S390 platform?

Haven't tried it, but unless you're running very recent network drivers
(later than SLES8 SP2) and attaching the guests directly to the OSA or a
VSWITCH, I doubt it'll work. A lot of those tools rely on ARP actually
functioning all the way to the guest, and until the layer 2 code was
introduced, OSAs and guest LANs didn't actually allow ARP to work (by
design -- the ARP function is offloaded into the OSA and not directly
accessible to the guest).