IIRC, UnionFS was part of the core of the Levanta "virtual server" product,
when we looked at it in 2003-2004.  The idea was that you installed each
product group in a separate filesystem, and then layered them onto each other
to produce custom-tailored images.  Obviously, they had it working on s390 back
then, as a bundled product at least.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/