Wow - we haven't learned much from our mainframe (well, z/OS) experiences,
I guess - where you mostly use SMP/E but some vendors try to put stuff
around it to make it easier, some use a different install method, etc.

This is the third method I will have used (other than the initial install)
and I haven't really installed much..  Yast, Red Carpet, now RPM?  Much as
in z/OS, I'd love for all to adhere to one standard for packages to be
installed.

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209

Neale Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
04/12/2006 03:56 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: mono install doc error?

Try it without gtk-sharp as that package hasn't been ported to s390(x).

If this doesn't work then I think the easiest way is to just download the
zip file containing all the RPMs and use the RPM command to install them.
I've not tried the rug-rat method.