On Jun 19, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Peter E. Abresch Jr. - at Pepco wrote:
Does anyone have any clues what this problem might be or can they
point me
into the right direction to start the diagnosis? Thanks as always.

I'm going to stare into my crystal ball and diagnose this without any
actual situation-specific knowledge:

I'm going to guess that your guests are defined to be very large.
They probably started out too large, say 512MB, and then when you
started seeing problems, you started adding more memory to the guests
in an attempt to ameliorate it.  Now you've got a bunch of 1GB or
1900MB or something like that guests.

Basically, VM is spending all its time trying to page each guest's
entire working set into memory at once.

Try cutting your guest size to half of what you started with.  Your
applications really probably will run fine.

Or I might be entirely wrong.

Adam