Do you knon any VENDOR has there own FTP that supports  userexit ?

             "McKown, John"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             thmarkets.com>                                             To
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ist.edu>                                              Subject
                                       Re: VSFTP Exit

             08/24/2006 03:57
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ist.edu>

In general, this is not done on UNIX (or Windows) systems. What is
generally done is have a script run periodically via the "cron" daemon,
which looks for specific files in specific subdirectories. Since this
script might run while the ftp transfer is still in progress, the ftp is
usually done to an intermediate file name, then a rename done after the
"put" to rename it to the actual name. Of course, this rename fails if
the actual name already exists.

As an example. suppose the special subdirectory is "/upload/production"
and the special file name is anything that ends with a ".inputdata". Our
shop would do an ftp similar to:

ftp unixsystem
user
password
cd /upload/production
put zos.file.name unix.file.name
rename unix.file.name actual.input.file.inputdata

The script which is fired off by "cron" would look something like:

#!/bin/sh
cd /upload/production
if [ ! -e actual.input.file.inputdata ]; then exit 1;fi
#our input exists!
#First, move the data to another subdirectory so the ftp can work again.
mv actual.input.file.inputdata /permenant/production/
cd /permenant/production
process_data actual.input.file.inputdata
#Perhaps more commands, as needed

Now how you set up the actual "cron" command would depend on a number of
things that I don't know about your system.

==

Another possibility is to follow the ftp step on the sending system with
a subsequent step which uses "rexec" or some other method to start a
script on the receiving system. I like this idea, but it (like all of
this) is simply not "fail safe" in my opinion.

Now, what we are going towards here is really "interesting" (as in "may
you live in interesting times"). We are running CA-7 under z/OS. CA-7
schedules the ftp jobs. There is another product which is an "enterprise
scheduler" which interfaces with CA-7. So after the ftp job completes
successfully, this "enterprise scheduler" will run and monitor a process
on the receiving system which is supposed to process the data just sent.
I don't know much about this.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.

This message and its attachments may contain  privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
you are prohibited from printing, forwarding, saving or copying this
email.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your
computer.