From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Hall, Ken (GTI)
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:04 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SLES vs RHEL

Okay, RHEL4 is 2.6.9-42.0.2 (can they get any more digits?) as of
today's update.

Looks like they're leapfrogging.  My FC5 x86 machine is 2.6.17.  I
forget whether Red Hat said they would be going that high in RHEL5
(probably not), but if they are doing it for Intel, they'll be doing it
on z.

Is SLES10 for x86 out already?  Is Suse still releasing x86 and z
out-of-sync with each other?  Red Hat releases new versions and updates
for all archs at the same time.  Makes it easier to keep our x86 and
zSeries systems consistent.