I have suggested before that a Linux service virtual machine should have
a facility to accept SMSGs, validate the origin against an authorized
user list and process the content appropriately for that SVM.

The response has generally been that is a dinosaur-style mainframe thing
that doesn't belong in Linux. The real Linux way is to be a real
operator and ssh into your Linux system and issue the commands manually
or script the whole process in the linux system that you use to run your
complex (usually your own linux workstation).

/Tom Kern