From: Fargusson.Alan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 8:34 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: zLinux experience

I know that database stuff should be mostly IO, but I usually find that
there are stored procedures and stuff that do a lot of compute stuff.
If that is the case with your test then the MIPS become important.  I
don't know the MIPS of the z890, but I am going to guess that it is
about 650.  The MIPS on a PPC5 at 1.6GHz is going to be over 1600.  With
two of them you are going to have over 3200 MIPS.  That is a lot more
compute power then you have on the z890.  I know you can't compare MIPS
on different architectures, but still the Power system has a big
advantage.