> I am currently experiencing with db2 backups into samba filesystems.
> if the resulting file is < 2 GB then, no problem.
> BUT if the resulting file is over 2 GB then I get the "disk is full"
> error.

You don't say which version of Samba, but I think you must have Samba
3.x to reliably support > 2G files (some versions of 2.x had
experimental support, but the final support went into 3.x).  Also, if
the Samba instance is exporting a Linux filesystem, the underlying Linux
filesystem must support large files as well.