Is there a way to get the VM 5.2 user ID or the z series LPAR name under Linux?
What I would like to do is use this to determine the hostname and the IP
address of the Linux system, instead of having to change it in each one.

Dennis Roach
United Space Alliance
600 Gemini Avenue
Mail Code USH-4A3L
Houston, Texas 77058
Voice:   (281) 282-2975
Page:    (713) 736-8275
Fax:     (281) 282-3583
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any
person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other
planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured, since
the beginning of time.