Long story short, we're looking for an FTP server that will compile on SLES9 on
the S/390. The server needs to support FTP over SSL so we can do some
performance comparisons with an FTPS product that we are testing on VSE.

While we could test it easily on a Windows box, I don't consider that a valid
comparison. I'd rather perform comparison on the same hardware platform.

Terry Spaulding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Jay, is your need to have a secured
FTP with SSL for encryption or specific
to FTPS with SSL ?
If SSL is the issue you can setup your ssh logon to be SSL and the sftp
will then be encrypted.

As Mark pointed out I believe vsftpd is supposed to support FTPS.
Not sure if vsftpd has provided the full data encryption yet.
You may want to check out WS_FTP Pro I think it supports  FTPS with SSL but
is a fee based solution. They do have a trial period.

Jay replied:
>SFTP is SSH File Transfer Protocol. I am looking for FTPS (FTP over SSH).
Completely different animals. I have a very specific need >for FTPS and
SFTP will not suffice.

>Terry Spaulding  wrote: You can use sftp which works
very well. Command mode, native, and free.

>I have also used a GUI package on WIN/XP called WinSCP3. It is free on the
>internet and uses sftp. Nice point/click/drag between Win/XP and Linux
>zSeries or between Linux zSeries and another Linux zSeries using the
Win/XP
>as a go between.

Regards,
Terry L. Spaulding
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."
Lewis Carroll
"If you don't know where you are, a map won't help" Unknown

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!