> I am considering using Wiki to organize and make available some of the IT
> documentation that is
> spread all over my shop. After looking I fount that there are several Wiki
> engines available. Which
> one is the best?  Is that like asking which editor is the best?

Wiki does not "organise". One of the reasons I despise Wiki for a lot of
things is that it has no categorisation generally speaking. Some like
Mediawiki at least have good search but its not substitute for structure
- either enforced by a good editor or content managers that deal with
what/where something belongs.

> MediaWiki will run on Debian-390. Is anyone running a Wiki on a mainframe? Is
> that a good place to
> run one?

Its capable of being quite a CPU hog under heavy use. I guess it depends
on the userbase. You could always put the db on the mainframe and the
engine on a PC I guess

Alan