>>> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at  1:27 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Peter Rothman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks.
> At this time we only have 6 Linux systems - 3 on each OSA card. So only 3
> have to change.
>
> Excuse the ignorance but how/where do I change the system to 'not specify'
> a OSA portname. I looked thru the YAST menus but cannot find it.

Not sure how you would do it on the z/OS side (if it's being shared there), but
in YaST:
yast -> Network Devices -> Network Card
For SLES9
Tab to the Change option for the "Already configured devices" frame
Make sure the cursor is on the OSA
Tab to the Edit option, hit enter
Tab to the "Detailed Settings - Advanced field"
Down-arrow to the S/390 option, hit enter

For SLES10
Network Setup Method -> next
Tab to the frame with the device in it.