>>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 11:00 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul Noble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
-snip-
> The problem, as I see it, with backing up from another LPAR is that there is
> no incremental or differential backup capability. Nor is there any selective
> restore capability. Its an all-or-nothing backup/restore.

Backing up from another system, outside of Linux, has only ever been good for
DRA backups, not file-level backups.  Any backup strategy has to account for
both needs, since they're for two entirely different purposes.

I hope your SLES guests are working well for you.  :)  Let me know if they're
not.

Mark Post
Linux Deployment SWAT Team