Yu Safin wrote:
I think there are some copywrite issues if I recall correctly.
The proper name, I was told, is Linux for z-Series.

I don't think there are any copyright issues involved here. It's purely
a trademark issue. And *I* was told that the Linux(r) port for IBM(r)
System z (tm) is : "linux for System z".

Ok. I would tend to believe that it doesn't really matter overall,
because this is just the joining of 2 separate trademarked terms (one is
a registered trademark and the other one is a trademark) - and I don't
see how the joining of 2 separate trademarked terms can be construed as
anything else but just the informal designation of this particular linux
port (technically dubbed s390 and s390x)

but... IANAL !

--Ivan

And now, for the legalese minded people :

Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States,
other countries, or both.
System z is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation
in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines
Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.

All trademarks mentioned herein are used in accordance with the "Fair
Use" guidelines set forth in
http://www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml#section-fairuse

I wonder how trademark laws apply for mailing lists though..