Hi All,
In the virtualization cookbooks for RHEL 4 and 5, it says "in single
user mode, you are logged in as the root user" and "all of the file
systems in /etc/fstab are mounted".   This has not been my experience
and I am trying to determine why. None of my SLES 9 or RHEL AS 4 systems
go into single user mode without prompting for the root password.
I have verified that the TERMINAL LINEND character is set when issuing
the VI VMSG response.
I have been told that the prompt indicates an error in /etc/fstab or a
startup problem.  If I boot into another state ( 3 or 5 ), there is no
indication of /etc/fstab problems.  Checking dmesg, I can't see any
errors.
Any other suggestions for debugging this problem, please?

Betsie (the clueless)