The TCPIP userid is not the controller as David mentioned.

Mark. I will not be able to try the Traceroute until I get back into the office
on Monday.

In the past I used TCPIP as a router but with the vswitch I moved away from
that practice.

It almost appears as if the Linux guests pick up the ping (worked with the
TCPIP userid) but do negotiate their mac addresses ( ARP tables may not be
updated?). Not sure if I used the correct terms here.

Hans