On 8/24/07, John Summerfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's why, for this kind of event, I suggest GMT. I know when and
> whether I have daylight saving.

I was worried this would only go until they get Windows to drop the time-ball
  http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/timeball.htm
and that would automatically set their system clock to local time...
But reading the web site I notice that already has happened:  "NB In
summer it drops at 13:00 (1pm) BST or 12:00 (Noon) GMT."

When we ran international VM systems in IBM, there really was no
concept of local time so we ran the systems at GMT+0 which saved us
the trouble of time zone changes too. Just had to remember that the
maintenance windows for various applications changed along with the
support group's DST schedule :-)

Rob