Looks like Tim is a little out of date now <g>

15-Aug-07 Microsoft Joins CalConnect: The Calendaring and Scheduling
Consortium welcomes Microsoft as a member of the Consortium

Pulled directly from the CalConnect website.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Hare, Tim
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 4:04 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Live Virtual Class, Aug 14 - Virtualization Basics (10am NY
time)

A slight correction - ICS (aka iCalendar or RFC 2445) files have dates
in ISO format, but they are NOT required to be in UTC.  The standard
allows timezone definitions and references to them within the file.
Often UTC is used because it makes it easier, but it's not required.
They also allow "floating" time, expressly for some cases where you want
to load events into your (insert name of device / user agent her) but
you don't want to have to change the time zone on it when you travel..
for example, when I go to SHARE I get the events in floating time so I
can just load them in the PDA and leave the time alone.

Partly because of these, and other issues, there are many
interoperability problems with calendars. The Calendar & Scheduling
Consortium (www.calconnect.org) exists to work on those issues, and has
I believe mades some progress. You might want to check them out. Many
vendors are members, as well as universities and open source projects.
Regrettably, Microsoft has not joined - although I believe they may have
attended one or more interop tests.

I do agree that it would be nice to have an iCalendar (RFC2445 not
Apple's product) attachment whenever there's event data.

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
Tel: +1 (850) 414-4209