>>> On Thu, Sep 6, 2007 at 10:56 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David
Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> http://www.directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Documentation
>
> It does build cleanly from source on RHEL5 (although it takes a
> gawd-awful amount of CPU to do it -- *definitely* don't do this during
> the day if you don't have CPU to burn).

I suspect that's because this is the rebranding of the Netscape Directory
Server that Red Hat bought so many moons ago.  (Hence the reliance on so many
thinks like nspr, nss, Mozilla  LDAP SDK, etc.)  As one who's built
Netscape/Mozilla packages any number of times, I can tell you they _all_ suck
CPU horribly.