Marcy Cortes wrote:
I don't know how helpful this is....

But we do run F5 loadbalancers in front of our biggest app.  There are 2
servers hitting us every 5 seconds each for HTTP and for 2 for HTTPS.
So, a total 4 hits every 5 seconds.  But it runs across 17 z9 EC IFL's
and there's never an idle time so I couldn't really tell you exactly how
much CPU that accounted for but ...  Very rough math here ... We get
about 130 TPS at 60% busy so 2 TPS is about 1% busy.  1% of 17 IFL = .17
IFL or 17% of an IFL.  If the trans were full blown -- but you said they
are not the full blown trans...

Can you take your interval from 2 seconds to a higher number and see
what happens?

(and yes, they are fat cpu intensive trans in case anyone wonders :)

You can also check in your HTTP logs how often they really do hit you.

and also use iptables to drop the packets, and see what that does.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait