>>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at  4:11 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, barton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are some issues with WAS right now that seriously impact Linux under
> z/VM.  Rob's
> out of town, he can explain  better.  The problem is that the current JDK
> polls every
> 10ms.  this means the WAS servers stay in queue. We have been seeing the
> total to virtual
> storage over allocation ratios that sites can attain have been dropping,
> traced it down to
> servers not dropping from queue. Rob tracked it down to the WAS polling.
> We're hoping for
> relief next year. So be careful about the performance feecher of 6.1.

It was Rob working with me on the Linux/390 wiki system that led him to the
discovery that the IBM JDK was issuing 10ms sleeps.  It wasn't just in the
newer versions of the JDK, it was in the 1.4.2 ones as well.  So, upgrading to
a newer version of WAS and it's associated Java, shouldn't be any worse in that
regard.