Hello Bobby,

This may not be exactly what you want, but if you check out the IBM
System z Test Report there is some material about Linux recovery
scenarios. If you check out the section on making apache ha in the
preparation section, it actually discusses a way to use heartbeat to
float a resource across 2 vm instances. In fact the testing spanned 2
instances of Linux on vm, as well as an LPAR. Additionally it was cross
CEC.  The approach shown may be of more use generically as well.

I hope this helps.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/e0z1p150.pdf

P.S.
The material covered talks about 3 systems sharing the IP address, so a
heartbeat style 1 cluster may be sufficient for your needs. Also the
stuff works much better when everything is layer 2, but I am certainly
no networking expert.

P.P.S.

I dont know how many on this list know about that test report but it
also covered a 2 node configuration in the previous edition if I recall
correctly. I hope you find it useful.