On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:52:37 +0200,
"Ceruti, Gerard G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It show a long list of DASD that can be seen but not the UCB I need , looking
> further I see all the DASD devices are linked to CSS0, we have 2 CSS defined
> and the UCB I am  looking for is defined in the HCD GEN to CSS1 , I have
> deactivated and reactivated the LPAR with the same results.
> Is there a way to activate CSS1 in "/sys/devices/" ?.

Hi Gerard,

all channel devices will currently show up under /sys/devices/css0/,
regardless of the "real" css they are in. (You can think of "css0" as
"default css".)

You could also try to look for your device under /sys/bus/ccw/devices/
(it may be that it is not bound to dasd-eckd due to some problems).
Also, check if /proc/s390dbf/cio_msg/sprintf contains any messages
with the subchannel or device number in question.

(I'd also take a look at /proc/cio_ignore to check if you're
accidentally ignoring the device.)