Marcy Cortes wrote:
Argh.. Did I start this one :)

I wasn't thinking of deep dive into device drivers... But like an intro
to here's your z specific stuff in your linux box.  Might appeal to both
an experienced linux admin whos new to Z and VM'er whos new to linux.

Things like
        s390-tools package stuff.. What do lsqeth, lsdasd, lscss ...etc
show you.  What is chccwdev,zipl,dasdfmt,fdasd, etc. for?  Where do I
find my network card parameters? Where do I find out what kind of
network card it is?  How do I issue CP commands from Linux..  Maybe a
little on cmsfs.   Where's my swap - is it on vdisk - how can I tell?
What kernel parms are important to z.   That kinda stuff..

Would that be useful to folks?

Marcy Cortes

I certainly think sessions on topics such as those suggested by Marcy
would be fairly well attended at SHARE, if SHARE could get the word out
to the target audience. Getting SHARE to do that might be a problem, as
DB suggested earlier.

--
DJ
V/Soft