>>> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at  2:23 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Sollenberger, Justin CIV DISA GS4B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  We just got this working...Apparently it was being
> caused by the special characters I had in the tmp password.  I removed those
> and it works fine.

Umm,  by any chance was it one of these?
CP Q TERM
LINEND  # , LINEDEL  cent-sign , CHARDEL OFF, ESCAPE  " , TABCHAR  ]

Those will work fine on an LPAR install, but not z/VM unless you modify them to
something else.  In which case you can't use _those_ characters in a password.
(Unless you escape them with the current z/VM escape character.)