> What about Fax Over IP (FoIP), do you know if Hylafax supports that?

Hard to say, because FoIP is such a nebulous term. There are a number of
solutions for that, and it'll depend on which one you use. Hylafax is
pretty flexible, and there are interfaces for some of the FoIP products
on Intel, but that's a function of what the FoIP products support.

Hylafax does interface well with Asterisk, so that would be a clear way
to do FoIP and then connect it with other IP telephony solutions via
H.264, SIP or IAX2 trunking over IP. I have done integration with some
of the Nortel VoIP equipment that way, and I suspect it would be
relatively simple to do with other solutions.

I'd need to know more about your environment to give you a better
answer. Let's talk offline if you want to hack through it. The problem
interests me.