>>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2008 at  5:30 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Marian Gasparovic
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mark,
> how is it with reporting a bug/problem ? Do you need
> any special license/subscription/whatever for that ?

Oddly enough, yes.  To report a problem, you have to have a support contract,
whether basic, standard, or priority.  The basic version is only for
installation issues, however, and only for 30 days.  The thinking, which I
don't necessarily agree with, is that if anyone could file bugzilla entries,
then the developers/maintainers would be swamped with duplicate, erroneous, or
abandoned bug reports.  (A quick look at the openSUSE bugzilla does confirm
this for that platform.)  Some people inside Novell are trying to figure out a
way to take bug reports from "just anybody" and filter out the ones that
development doesn't need to see, without somehow giving people the impression
that they're entitled to fixes within any particular timeframe for the bugs
they report.