> What are the step required to intall Linux under Z/series and which
Linux
> system should be installed under Z/890.
> Please advice.

How high is up?

I think we need a bit more information as to what you want to use it
for.

There are several Linux distributions that support System Z. All have
detailed installation documents that cover the process. You *should*
have z/VM (you can install without it, but IMHO, you're wasting your
time if you don't). There are also "cookbook" documents available from
IBM and others to provide more details.

As to which system, that depends on what you want to use it for. Most
people run SuSE/Novell Linux on System z, due to application support and
certification. Others use Red Hat. Pick your application, and that will
determine which one you want.