Start with the numbers... In addition to CPU, what is the I/O rate and other
performance indicators? How many clients are attempting to talk to the NFS?
What is your IP traffic load like? How many hops are the clients away from
the NFS server? What processes are causing the consumption of the CPU? How
much memory does the image have? Is it swapping? Is z/VM paging? How are
other images on the same z/VM performing?

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW