As of now, you can issue the INDICATE LOAD or QUEUE from another CMS
userid  to see if  your  LIUNX useid is in  "E3" eligibility list
    periodically.

    I am assuming there is only few clients accessing this NFS server.

    You can issue the "time dd if=/dev/zero of=......   "  on  the local
system and then from the client side to
    see if it's network issue.   Do a "tracerte  ip-address" from both the
server and the client  and see how hops
    and is the routes asymmetric(ping ip-address -R")?

    For documentation, just look for NFS performance in general.

                Warren Taylor
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             global.net>                                                To
                Sent by: Linux         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             on 390 Port                                                cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: zLinux under zVM performance

                02/01/2008
             11:42 AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

I should probably mention that my OS is not even VM. Someone said "here's
your vm userid" and "something something linux". Bring it up and use it as
a support tool. I got it all up and it works but the whole idea was to use
it as a database server, which also works but its *painfully* slow.

Perhaps someone knows of some specific documentation. I've searched on "NFS
performance on LInux under VM for the complete Idiot" but so far haven't
found anything. I joke, but its not really that far from the truth. So if
it is possible to be more detailed in your suggestions, this idiot would
appreciate it.

thanks much