>>> On Fri, Feb 1, 2008 at  1:02 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Marcy
Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> Is there some reason why the 800a-800f disks don't result in
> 800ap1-800fp1?   The p goes missing.
> Is this a bug?

I agree with Adam.  The fact that only the subchannel addresses with values
greater than 9 makes me suspicious that it's a udev rule problem.  The question
is, whether the udev rules are as-shipped by Novell, or if they've been tweaked
by you.  If the former, I would open up a problem record.