On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I also believe that you need to be running z/VM 5.3 with the needed
>  APARs on a either a z9BC or z9EC box.....CMM-A is not enabled on older z
>  boxes like the z990.

I think that makes sense because without hardware support, attempts
from Linux using the feature would require emulation by CP which is
probably only interesting for educational and recreational purpose,
not to save resources.

It seems a bit unlikely to me that the improved version of the Linux
could delivered with SP1 is such that it should be disabled by
default. I would want to know why, and under what circumstances it is
appropriate to override that default and use it...

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc