From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
RPN01
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:05 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Is it possible to do an initial SLES9 install on a
partially-LVM root?

Did you partition the disks you placed in the LVM? You need to use
/dev/dasdc1 rather than /dev/dasdc, as an example.

We install with everything except the /boot in LVM controlled
filesystems,
splitting out /, /var, /tmp, /home, and /opt into their own filesystems.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\