From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Boyes
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 1:37 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: readelf/objdump displays

> Still odd with all that Eclipse based stuff (which we use here...just
> not me) that there is a need to analyze load modules. Over on the CICS
> side, we pretty much can identify all we need to know about load
modules
> by version date and timestamp in the load modules.

Yeah, but this is TPF. These guys care about instruction path lengths
and a bunch of stuff that matters a lot in real-time programming, which
is effectively what TPF is. You need to know where and how something got
loaded, it's relationship to a bunch of system stuff, and how your
transaction is interleaved with all the other stuff going on in the
system at the same time.

TPF programming is an art form, not a profession; not for the faint of
heart.