>>> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:26 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Ian S. Worthington"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Brad.
>
> In the end I had to use resize2fs: ext2online appears to be only for ext3
> and
> I'm using ext2.

Both the resize2fs and ext2online commands work with EXT2 and EXT3 file
systems.  By the way, using ext2 is a bad idea, since it doesn't do journaling.
 You really should be using ext3.  You can change to that non-disruptively by
using the tune2fs command and updating /etc/fstab appropriately.