>>> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:12 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, LJ Mace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I have a task which must run every other wednesday.
> I've looked through the cron info and found that I can
> use a 3/2 for my last entry to tell cron to run the
> task every other wednesday.
> My question is will cron start the task this coming
> week(5/7) or will it start the task (5/14) which is
> when I need it to start and go on from there.
> The entry looks like this:
> 45 18 * * 3/2

My guess is that it will run on May 7th, since it is the 19th Wednesday of the
year, and the /2 would cause it to run on the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc. Wednesdays.
Note that if I'm right, this means in months with 5 Wednesdays, it will be run
3 times, not just the first and third weeks of the month.  For example, in
July, it will run on the 2nd, 16th, and 30th.  Then in August it will run on
the 13th and 27th, not the 6th and 20th.  If this isn't what you want, you will
likely have to create entries for each month, perhaps each week that you want
the command run.