Regarding Pauls' concern about a reboot after an online resize operation...

I once more created a 1GB LV.
I created an ext3 fs in the LV.
I mounted the FS.
I created 900 1MB files, so FS is now at 90+% capacity.
I did an lvextend to increase the LV to 2GB.
I did an ext2online to resize the FS online.
I unmounted the FS.
I ran e2fsck on the FS (OFFLINE) - no problems
I remounted the FS - no problems.

I conclude that there would be no similar reboot problems (unmount,
e2fsck,mount) that would
directly relate to the resize operation.

Paul, is your system SLES10 SP1 plus latest YOU?

mark