Mark Perry wrote:
Bernard Wu wrote:
Hi Mark,

I have resized both ext3 and resierfs online (under LVM2) on SLES 10 no

problem.

How did you do it ?  Everytime I try to run resize2fs, I have to unmount
the file first.  My testing was done on SLES10-SP1.

ihlscob0:~ # uname -a
Linux ihlscob0 2.6.16.54-0.2.5-default #1 SMP Mon Jan 21 13:29:51 UTC
2008 s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux
ihlscob0:~ # df -kvhT /test1/
Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/system-testlv1
reiserfs 1.0G 44M 981M 5% /test1
iihlscob0:~ # lvextend -L+1G system/testlv1
Extending logical volume testlv1 to 2.00 GB
Logical volume testlv1 successfully resized
ihlscob0:~ # resize_reiserfs /dev/system/testlv1
resize_reiserfs 3.6.19 (2003 www.namesys.com)
resize_reiserfs: On-line resizing finished successfully.
ihlscob0:~ # df -kvhT /test1/
Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/system-testlv1
reiserfs 2.0G 44M 2.0G 3% /test1
ihlscob0:~ #

Sorry Berhard my old eyes saw reiserfs, to answer for resize2fs, that is
the offline command.
You must use ext2online to extend an ext2/3 fs online.

mark