>>> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Peter
E. Abresch Jr.   - at Pepco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> Can I remove the contents of the following which tends to grow. I think
> these grow whenever I change the installation sources and YaST2 performs a
> sync by default.
>
> /var/lib/zmd

I wouldn't delete anything here.  If you want the zmd.db database file to get
rebuilt, you can do a "rug restart --clean" command.  It will be no bigger then
necessary, but still in the tens of megabytes.

> /var/lib/zypp

I can't really recommend deleting stuff out of here.  If you decide to do it
anyway, don't delete any of the directory structure, just the files.  I've run
into problems (recently) where I got a little over-zealous and had to put back
some directories manually.

> We clone our Linux guests from a master guest which have already been
> converted to SLES10-SP2. Once I have my other Linux systems upgraded to
> SP2, can I remove the following and stop mirroring these channels in yup
> since SP2 is a replacement?
>
> /var/cache/yup/SLES10-SP1-Online
> /var/cache/yup/SLES10-SP1-Updates

Yes.  You probably won't need the SP2-Online channel either.  Note that if you
decide you need to install packages that you haven't installed previously,
you'll want to have the full SP2 media laying around somewhere as well.