From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Richard Gasiorowski
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:14 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: VNC problem

Check you most likely have the Linux Firewall active

'Where ever you go - There you are!! '

Richard (Gaz) Gasiorowski
Global Solutions & Technology
Principal Lead Infrastructure Architect
845-773-9243 Work
845-392-7889 Cell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia
22042,
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------
delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC
any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
agreement
purpose.
-------------------------

"Stahr, Lea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
08/06/2008 02:47 PM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
VNC problem

I have a new SuSE 10 SP1 guest. I have started the VNCSERVER on Linux. I
cannot connect to it, the connections timeout from W2000 viewers. I am
using VNC 4.1.2. I have looked at the RealVNC site and cannot find the
problem. I do not know what is supplied with Linux. Should I try the
newer 4.4 viewer?

Lea Stahr
zVM, Linux and zLinux Administrator
Navistar, Inc.
630-753-5445
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments
and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited.  This
notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of
any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement.  If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the
original sender.