From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:33 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: VNC problem

>>> On 8/6/2008 at  3:27 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Stahr,
Lea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks! The firewall was active by default, and I now get a connection
> after shutting it down.

Umm, don't do that.  Restart the firewall, then go into YaST -> Network
Services -> Remote Administration.  Allow remote administration, and
open a port in the firewall on the first panel.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments
and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited.  This
notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of
any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement.  If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the
original sender.