Hi, Robin.

I would suggest that you go to the Linux source web site I mentioned below
(lxr.linux.no)
and do a search on "3270" and take a loom at the comments in the 3270 device
driver source
code files. They may shed some more light on the subject....but, of course,
once you get
the 3270 device driver built and configured properly, you will need some sort
of Linux
application to actually drive it. The only such application I know of is (was?)
NED, and
nobody can seem to find it anymore.

BTW, is anyone else having problems reaching www.linuxvm.org today? My browser
reports
back "Not found" when I attempt to go there......