On Aug 8, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Erik N Johnson wrote:

Are people limited to 3270 hardware to solve this problem or could a
3270 emulator provide an acceptable solution? Just curious.

We're talking about tn3270 to z/VM to get the system console.  At
least I am.  I don't have access to a working actual 3270 terminal
anymore.  At least not one that's hooked up to anything useful.

Adam