> Red Hat is moving from labelling filesystems to using UUIDs.

Ugh.

> I imagine it would be prudent for those cloning systems to include
part
> that generates new UUIDs.

Or use a method of addressing storage that DOESN'T tie a logical
reference to a specific physical device.

> You should also consider adding a script to your cloning process to
> change the default "standard" volume and group names to names that are
> unique. This would alleviate the problem of importing a VG for repair.

But it also defeats a major purpose of cloning -- to create a large
number of *identical* systems. If I change the VG name on every system
to keep it "safe", I have to document that and I lose a major advantage.